Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Be Thankful

So I am not as good at this daily blog as my inspiration, I will work on it.
Today I am thankful for email. Yes I realize it is pretty lame, but really I am so thankful for it. During deployment #1, Mark never had email access until two weeks before his return. The email simply said "I will see you in about 2 weeks!". That was the best email I had ever received. During deployment #2, we had discovered the Yahoo Messenger and were able communicate often, almost daily sometimes. This was so nice, especially as my belly grew and then as Jillian grew. Now, during Deployment #3, we have SKYPE (a type of messenger) and email. If Mark calls, he calls right through the computer which is pretty neat. But we also have email. I have not really learned to appreciate until the last couple of days. Just a little side note here, my husband is not the best communicator. I love him to pieces, but he can be the most frustrating person to speak to sometimes (i love you dear:). If you have ever heard the term, "talking to a brick wall", well meet Mark, he is the brick wall:). On to my point: since we don't get tons of time to talk to each other on the phone and he writes much better than he speaks anyway, a friend suggested we start an email game. Here are the rules: ask up to 3 questions per email, ask anything you want, but be creative, and be honest with your answers. We have just been playing for a few days now and I am already learning tons about my lovely soul-mate....I thought I would share my favorite so far: (hope you don't mind honey:)

3. When did you know that you wanted to spend the rest of your life with me?
3. I don't think that there was a specific moment that I realized I wanted to marry you. It was more of a culmination of things. In fact, I think when I realized that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you was when I would think of what my life would be like without you. When we were dating, I looked forward to seeing you everyday. When there were days that I didn't see you, I would be even more anxious to see you. Of course the thought of never seeing you or spending time with you ever again would make me upset. Even now, sometimes I have thoughts of losing you and it actually brings a tear to my eyes to think about losing the most important person in my life.

I love him:)

And if you think I am being mean to my husband about his communcation skills, read it for yourself:
2.If there is one thing that you could change about yourself what would it be and why?
2. If I could change one thing about myself I guess it would be better communication skills (especially with you). As you well know, it is very difficult for me to verbally express what I am feeling. I wish I could be like those guys in the Soap Opera's and say all the right things, because God knows that I think them. I just need the power to move the thoughts from my brain to my mouth.

he makes me smile:)

So anyway, I am very thankful for email, especially at this juncture in my life. I love being able to communicate with my husband in a different way.

No comments: