Thursday, October 4, 2012

My Papa

This man was THAT man in my life. I have so many incredibly memories from my childhood that include him. He was one of the first people I called with any news.
He bought me my first bike... Purple with white polka dots:)
He used to buy me some weird candy called "chicken on a stick"...Must be an old person candy.
He drank diet coke like it was going out of style.
All my life he offered me a drink. Little did he know that I actually HATE diet coke! He wouldn't know though because I always took that sip.
Because well...he was my Papa and I was his girl.

I can only recall once in my life my Papa ever calling me by my name. Instead he referred to me as just "girl".
The one time he called me Paige, I called mom and told her I thought he was mad at me.:)

I really am not sure what life is supposed to be like without this man in it.

This year on my birthday we said goodbye to him. Not exactly how I would have wished it, but that was the last day I got to see him and thanks to his amazing and thoughtful planning, we even got to hear his recorded voice at the funeral. So really, I wouldn't have had it any other way.

Sure miss him so much already... But so thankful for his amazing life.

No comments: