Saturday, December 13, 2008

Be Thankful 7

Day 7-Homemade gifts
Today I spent a good portion of my day working on Christmas gifts. Last year I decided that for now on we would only do homemade gifts for everybody. I want to really focus on spending good quality time together, doing things for other people rather than worrying about buying things...what the season is all about. So for the past several months I have been saving Emma's formula cans knowing that around Christmas I might come up with something to do with them. Today I cleaned, cut, taped and glued many a formula can. I still have some goodies to make to put into the cans, but overall they are mostly done.
I felt really good making these not so glamrous gifts today for the many special people in our lives. I really enjoyed thinking individually about that people that these cans would go to, what they mean to our family, and hoping I don't burn the goodies:)
For homemade gifts and so much more, I am thankful.

No comments: