Thursday, December 11, 2008

Be Thankful-5

Day 5- Jilli Bean
Tonight Jillian and I were reading a bed time story ,New York City A-Z, and saying our prayers. I was telling her about Jesus and how he died on the cross for us, although she thought I meant across, as in across a bridge:) Anyway I told her that now Jesus lives in her heart and her response was, "will Jesus break my heart?". (Now I am sure she now has a vision of some little Jesus figurine living inside her heart and thinks that maybe he can break her heart and come out.) Either way, I assured her that Jesus would never break her heart and loves her always.
As a parent I look forward to the day that she understands His love completely and knows that He is the only one who will not break her heart.
For my Jilli Bean and her precious young heart, and some much more, I am thankful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bedtime is one of the most precious times of the day with a child. Love on my girls for me today.